School is back in session and fall is right around the corner. It’s the season of autumn leaves, cozy sweaters and pumpkin spiced everything! If you’re planning a fall wedding, consider adding some seasonal menu items. Check out our favorite fall wedding menu ideas below.
1. Grilled Cheese Bites with Tomato Soup – There’s no greater comfort food than the classic grilled cheese and tomato soup combo. Zhuzh it up a bit by serving the soup in a shot glass or mini mug.
2. Stuffed Mushrooms – Take this hors d’oeuvres favorite into the fall season by using a cranberry and sausage filling to reflect the tastes of the autumn.
3. Crepe Station – Whether you opt for savory crepes at the cocktail hour or end the night with sweet strawberry crepes for desert, there’s no wrong way to serve a crepe.
4. Sweet Potato Everything – From a classic baked sweet potato, to sweet potato casserole, and possibly even a sweet potato pie for dessert – you can’t go wrong with this fall favorite!
5. Harvest Veggies – Opt for hearty seasonal veggies as sides. Root vegetables, candied carrots, butternut squash and collards are all great options.
6. Soup – Consider swapping the traditional first course of salad for a hearty soup. Autumn wild rice, pumpkin or creamy mushroom soup all make for hearty and satisfying crowd pleasers.
7. Cider – From a warm apple cider to a spiked cider from the bar – find ways to incorporate seasonal drink offerings into your wedding menu. Hot cider is a great option for a chilly outdoor cocktail hour and a nice complement to any dessert!
8. Seasonal Tarts – Dessert bars are super trendy right now. Fill yours up with fall favorites! Mini dessert tarts in pumpkin, apple and pecan flavors are sure to be a hit.